ONE BOLD THING 2018
An online workshop to get your bold creative project done this year
…without getting in your own way.
Saturday, Jan 27th 10am- noon PST
This is the year.
This is the year… to get that essay, that workshop, that new business, that talk out in the world….to stop stalling and start making progress. The most productive step forward is often a step back…to get clarity on what your project is, why you’re doing it, what blocks might get in the way, and what structure and accountability you may need to get it done. This is what ONE BOLD THING 2018 is all about.
- Your creative project is not frivolous. It is about putting your deepest, truest self at the center of your work and allowing you to reach the right people with more impact.
- Working through the emotional blocks in the way of your creative project will transform you, your voice and the work you have to create.
- Creating and sharing your work is as much about your own growth, integration and freedom as it is your audience’s.
- The creative pull you feel towards your project is the only evidence you need that it’s meant to be.
HERE’S WHAT MIGHT BE GETTING IN THE WAY:
- Distraction: We are living in a culture of so many things pulling for our attention at all times. In this workshop, we’ll begin with a powerful exercise to help clarify your project and prioritize it above others this year.
- Perfectionism: Perfectionism is kryptonite for creative work. We’ll explore specific practices you can implement right away to chip away at your unique style of perfectionism as well as the procrastination that often comes with it.
- Worrying What People Think: We want to be loved by everyone. But when we work to be liked by so many we become loved and memorable to very few. We’ll dive into how this shows up for you and specific tactics you can use to trust and be true to yourself and your work.
- Playing Small: We want to be visible and we are afraid to be visible. You’ll identify your specific hiding strategy and get support in allowing yourself to be seen in a way that plays to your edge..without pushing you over it.
- Lack of Structure and Accountability: Having a structure/plan that fits into your life for getting this work done is the foundation for making it happen. You’ll leave this workshop with a plan and people to be accountable to ONE BOLD THING at a time.
I have bungee jumped, paraglided, jumped out of a plane at 20K feet, traveled the world alone. But don’t be fooled, boldness isn’t innate for me, it’s a practice.
I am now a story coach and founder of Storytellers for Good, I’ve written for the Huffington Post, Washington Globe and Boston Globe and am now in the completion stages of my first feature length film and memoir about leaving my parent’s faith.
I’ve spent years grappling with overwhelm, perfectionism, people pleasing and playing small in most every business and creative project I’ve taken on. Over these years I’ve collected wisdom and strategies to work through all this that I’m so excited to share with you. I will save you time, agony and support you in not just making progress but getting the work done and out there.
This workshop will be full of solo and interactive exercises that will help you integrate the learnings for yourself.
Let’s get braver together.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
When: Saturday, January 27th 10am-12:00 PST (with a short break midway)
Where: The workshop takes place online in an easy to use video platform called Zoom. You’ll get the full details when you sign up. In-person attendance is highly recommended but a recording will also be available if something comes up.
One of my intentions for 2018 is to support the voices of women and girls in our world…so I’m donating $10 of each of your class fees to the Bay Area Girls Rock Camp (supporting young women in self confidence and creative musical expression). Sign up today to invest in your creative work and theirs!
This link will take you to the PayPal login page where you can sign in and make payment. If you need an alternate way to pay please email email@example.com.