I want you to feel authentic and amazing when you talk about yourself.
I want you to be able to confidently express yourself and advocate for your work.
I want you to get the reach and the revenue you have already earned.
I want your work to make a deeper and bigger impact on more people.
I want you to be visible in the world.
Do you ever feel like you’re playing a role and hiding a powerful part of yourself?
Do you find yourself talking with prospective clients but not deeply connecting with them?
I work with leaders and entrepreneurs who are mostly women. And almost every single one of them self identifies as having a problem with visibility. Here’s what this can look like:
* You feel you have something to say but don’t quite know what it is…so you find yourself hiding out on social media and shying away from speaking opportunities
* You may be on a stage but you still feel like you’re hiding
* You sometimes feel like you’re playing a caricature of “the coach” “the healer” “the facilitator” but its not who you are
* You have a deep desire to speak the truth but are scared it could cost you clients or loved ones
* You’re stuck in start up mode and struggling longer than you should be
* You have lots of ideas but too often disregard them because you worry about what people will think or they’re not good enough
* You look at others who are shining and sense that you are meant to shine too
There is no greater agony than bearing the untold story inside you” (-Maya Angelou). The ripple effect of this burden is feeling a deep and lingering dissatisfaction in work and relationships. This problem is so widespread that it’s not just you. This is a collective problem. Women have been conditioned for centuries not to talk about themselves, shine too bright, not to brag, not to ask…and definitely not to tell the truth. Because women’s truth destabilize the world that depends on them being silent. So its not just you. And we can do something about it.
The answer is storytelling. We don’t need to look any farther than the #metoo movement to know the power of women’s stories. Women’s stories are that powerful. So of course they can change your business.
At its heart, story work is visibility work. Story is the path to letting your deepest and most authentic self be seen. When you unlock your story, you unlock your voice and can connect more deeply. Whether we’re working on your signature talk, your About Me or a story driven social media campaign the benefits of our work go far deeper than the expressions themselves. They include:
- A polished and practiced signature talk, article or short film
- A new or new and improved “About Me” illuminating your journey and one essential message
- An elevator pitch version of what you do and why you do it
- A “Personal Story Bank” Google doc where I’ll list all the stories that have surfaced in our work that you can use for future talks, blogs and social media posts (in other words everything that ends up on the cutting room floor re-purposed for future expressions)
- A brand assessment with recommendations on how to align your brand and offerings with your story and message
- A social media and/or marketing plan aligned with your message
- A new capacity for self expression beyond our coaching
* Connection: when you communicate your message in the context of your story, your message is infused with deep emotional resonance that inspires and enrolls prospective clients. Your ideal client is often some version of you. As your clients connect to the struggle in your story they connect to their own. As they connect to the transformation in your story they see possibilities for themselves.
* Alignment: you will come to understand the most resonant aspects of your story and the one essential message that your life journey has lead you to convey. This message will be the center piece of your branding and content and result in a crystal clear expression of you and the value of your work on your website and beyond. This alignment will magnetize prospective clients in a way that doesn’t feel like marketing at all.
*Ownership: Your life’s struggles have uniquely prepared you to be a leader of others facing similar challenges. I will support you in discovering how. As you reclaim the stories and parts of yourself you’ve been hiding, you come to understand their gifts. As you share those stories in service of your message, you own your story (vs. it owning you).
*Growth: One of the most powerful aspects of story work is that it leads you to understand your history and what might make it hard for you to be seen. Working through the emotional blocks in the way of telling your story will transform you, your voice and the tale you have to tell. Stepping out to share your most authentic story is as much about your own growth as it is your audience’s. Ultimately it is about SETTING YOURSELF FREE.
Story is the process by which you tell the truth. When you speak your truth, you stand out. When you speak the truth, anything is possible.
TO SET UP A COMPLIMENTARY 45 MIN CALL TO EXPLORE YOUR VISIBILITY GOALS, CHALLENGES AND HOW I MAY HELP YOU CLICK THE “Let’s Work Together” BUTTON BELOW. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SIGNATURE PROGRAM VISIBILITY BREAKTHROUGH READ ON!
To play bigger, you need to go deeper. Visibility Breakthrough is a 6 month program designed to help you use the process of telling your story to become more fully and sustainably self expressed. We’ll go through my one-of-a-kind process to clarify your visibility goals, excavate your history, clarify your message, and identify your visibility blocks. From there we’ll craft the story that wants to be told in the medium it wants to be told in (a signature talk, an article, a short film etc.). We’ll create a new and improved “About Me” as well as align your branding and social media around your message. Along every step of the way of this 6 month process, I am holding you accountable and helping you build your courage muscle to not only share your story, but make a practice of being visible through regularly sharing your most authentic self. This package includes 12 in person or online sessions per month (75 minutes on average) and unlimited online and editing support between sessions.
THE RESULTS OF OUR WORK INCLUDE:
I’ve been helping people tell their story for over 20 years so when it was time to dig into my own, I needed some one who brought andepth of heart and serious skill. When I found Cara, it felt like I hit gold! She has an ability to create a safe space, help you make meaning from life’s seemingly disparate moments and find the deepest story your meant to tell. She takes you through the journey she herself has undergone. She’s a wonder and a gift!
– Katherine Kennedy
Working with Cara was one of the biggest gifts for both my life and my business. She gracefully and lovingly pushed me into areas of my story that felt …well… uncomfortable and scary. With Cara’s help I was able to step into the truth & boldness of my story and as a result own it as something I’m proud of. After so many years of hiding this part of me I am and now leading with it. Who knew!! Creating and telling my story has not only impacted my business but my life as a whole. Cara’s Storytelling coaching is modern day medicine!
– Sharon Mor
TO SET UP A COMPLIMENTARY 45 MIN CALL TO EXPLORE YOUR VISIBILITY GOALS, CHALLENGES AND HOW I MAY HELP YOU CLICK BELOW!